Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gatsby: 175-180




My last and final blog is going to be about the last section of the book that I read and the book as a whole.  I will not lie when I say that the end of Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby was very sad; however, it was also very moving.  We never know exactly what happened with Daisy and Tom.  We don't know if Gatsby ever did do something extremely illegal.  We don't know what happened to Nick, but honestly, I think that it is okay that we don't.  The end of the last chapter somewhat summarizes how this lifestyle can corrupt and fool people who lose their guard.  Daisy and Tom lost theirs and now all that they have is their wealth.  "...then retreated back into their money...(Fitzgerald, 179)"
In all, I really, really enjoyed this novel. It was amazingly written and the plot was awesome.  Thanks for picking this book to read! Now I just cannot wait for the upcoming movie to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment